- Marvel and Freeform's New Warriors has found its cast, including This Is Us/AT&T commercial star Milana Vayntrub as Squirrel Girl, and Kate Comer as lesbian telekinetic Debrii.
- Comixology's latest set of Comic Book All-Stars trading cards includes queer creators and Flame Con guests Mags Visaggio and Kevin Wada among its roster!
- After being (presumably inadvertently) outed by TV producer Bryan Fuller, actor Thomas Dekker (Heroes, Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) has publicly come out via an emotional Instagram post expressing the "glorious joy" of identifying as gay.
- A new promo video for next summer's The Incredibles sequel teases the return of the world's greatest superhero costume designer, Edna Mode, in a short mockumentary starring a number of fashion icons.
- Selma director Ava DuVernay's A Wrinkle in Time—an adaptation of Madeline L'Engle's YA sci-fi/fantasy classic, starring a diverse cast (check out Oprah in space-queen attire as Mrs. Which, alongside Mindy Kaling as Mrs. Who and Reese Witherspoon as Mrs. Whatsit) has its first trailer.
Image above via Nerdist
- The BBC is teasing the reveal of Doctor Who's Thirteenth Doctor later today, with speculation rampant that the Doctor will finally be someone other than a white guy. Even the great Tilda Swinton is being rumored as a possibility, and while that strikes me as a long shot, I can dream.
As always, follow this space for more... and you can definitely expect more coverage of the new Doctor Who lead shortly.