So, I watched all of The Defenders. I think the first half was really great and I loved seeing such a massive crossover with all these characters coming together, while the end was kind of a clusterfuck and directionless. But, I’m a crazy Marvel person and, more importantly, a devoted Jessica Jones stan. So, I ate that shit up like it was a god damned Thanksgiving dinner.
I have some strong opinions about the second half, especially the ending. But no matter what, I was smiling whenever Jessica was on screen. It was enough to keep me happy and make me even more excited to Jessica Jones season 2. So, while we’re waiting, let’s revisit some of her best scenes from The Defenders (spoilers ahead, obvi)...
- When Jessica first appeared on screen, duh.
- When Jessica pulled Trish’s car off from the tow-truck and said, to the tow-truck driver, “We good here?”
- When Jessica said the coffee with the whiskey in it is hers.
- When Daredevil and Jessica first meet in the interrogation room and she’s already annoyed at him.
- When Daredevil is following Jessica and it turned into her following him.
- When Jessica told Daredevil he looked like an asshole (unlike in the trailer where she says “idiot”).
- THE ENTIRE HALLWAY FIGHT SCENE AND JESSICA PUNCHING HER WAY THROUGH THE CROWD.
- Luke and Jessica’s quick catch up inside the restaurant, giving me feeeeelings.
- Every time Jessica rolled her eyes at the men being dumbass men and arguing in the restaurant (I could’ve watched an entire episode of her reactions to them).
- When Stick said he’s part of a group called “Chaste” and Jessica said, “Ugh, these names are killing me.”
- WHEN JESSICA THREW THE CAR THROUGH THE RESTAURANT AT ELEKTRA!
- When Jessica told Daredevil, in full costume, “Nice ears” about his horns.
- When Jessica says, “Sorry about this” and knocks iron Fist out after he threw a really stupid god damned tantrum.
- When Luke Cage said, “I’d face a dragon over Jessica Jones any day.”
- When Jessica cracked open a beer on the subway, sitting between Luke Cage and Daredevil, and said, “It’s been a rough week.”
- When Foggy called Jessica Jones, “Super Joan Jett.”
- When Jessica said, “There it is again” when Daredevil shows up in costume on their way to save Iron Fist.
- When Jessica said to Elektra and The Hand, “Look, I don’t give a shit what you’re doing down here..”
5 Non-Jessica Honorary Mentions:
1. When Luke beat up Iron Fist.
2. When Claire says “Seriously?” while Luke and Iron Fist are bickering about their fight.
3. When Luke Cage called Iron Fist a “billionaire white boy,” and also when Luke said, “I know privilege when I see it.”
4. When Iron Fist punched Elektra’s sword to pieces and her through a wall.
5. When Elektra kills SIGOURNEY WEAVER WHAT A WASTE OF SUCH A GREAT ACTRESS WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT TO US